SeaLife Stewards, Sea Otter Savvy, California State Parks, California Department of Fish & Wildlife, Defenders of Wildlife, and the Morro Bay State Park Museum of Natural History to learn about sea otters, experience wild sea otters from the best viewing locations in California. Volunteers will be ready to help you be expert otter spotters with binoculars and spottng scope, answer your sea otter questions, and share how you can help protect sea otters and join the Sea Otter Savvy team! Click on the Sea Otter Awareness Week icons on the map below to find the station nearest you. Each location icon has a photo of the site and hours when volunteers will be present.Throughout Sea Otter Awareness Week 2019 (September 22-28) you can meet volunteers from
Browse the map for Sea Otter Awareness Week events happening along the Central California coast! Learn more about Sea Otter Awareness Week at https://defenders.org/sea-otter-awareness-week
Sea Otter Awareness Week Quiz!
How sea otter savvy are you?
- Print out quiz (available here)
- Answer each question–our posts throughout the week will help you
- Print completed quiz and mail to address below, OR
- Take a legible photo and email as an attachement
- Return entries by 5:00 pm PST, October 11, 2019
- Winning entry will be drawn randomly from entries with 7 correct answers
- Winner will receive a Sea Otter Savvy t-shirt of their size and color choice!
mail entries to:
Sea Otter Savvy
1961 Main St, #199
Watsonville, CA 95076