Throughout Sea Otter Awareness Week 2023 (September 24-30) you can meet volunteers and staff from SeaLife Stewards, Sea Otter Savvy, The Pacific Grove and Santa Cruz Museums of Natural History, the Central Coast Aquarium, and the Morro Bay State Park Museum of Natural History to learn about and experience wild sea otters from the best viewing locations in California. Volunteers will be ready to help you be expert otter spotters with binoculars and spotting scopes, answer your sea otter questions, and share how you can help protect sea otters and be Sea Otter Savvy! Click on the Sea Otter Awareness Week icons on the map below to find the station nearest you. Each location icon has a photo of the site and hours when volunteers will be present.
This year's theme, "Restoring Missing Links," recognizes that sea otters remain absent from large portions of their historical range while celebrating the active efforts of conservation groups to restore a continuous population of these charismatic creatures and other missing elements along the Pacific coast. Explore all the activities and events taking place during Sea Otter Awareness Week 2023 at https://defenders.org/sea-otter-awareness-week
Get Sea Otter Awareness Week 2023 official swag HERE.
7 Days of Sea Otter Awareness Quiz!
How sea otter savvy are you?
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter throughout the week of September 24-30, 2023 for daily posts to increase your sea otter awareness and ace our SOAW quiz!
- The quiz will be published at 12:00 PM September 30, take he quiz by scanning the QR code below or by clicking this HERE.
- Answer each question–our posts throughout the week will help you
- TAke the quiz by 5:00 pm PST, October 6, 2023
- Winning entry will be drawn randomly from entries scoring 100%
- Winner will receive a Sea Otter Savvy t-shirt of their size and color choice!