Help our certification program while you enjoy a paddle or tour.
Review your central California coast paddle or tour and your fee will be on us! Our Community Active Wildlife Stewards (CAWS) certification and recognition program relies in part on undercover patrons who evaluate the business practices of marine recreation operators along California's central coast. Follow these easy steps to participate:
- Pick an operator from the list below, and rent a watercraft (kayak, SUP, hydrobike, electric boat) or book a guided tour.
- Go on your excursion, paying close attention to the information and actions relative to the wildlife you may encounter on the trip.
- Send us your booking confirmation or receipt
- Take our post-excursion online survey (we will send you a link)
- Get reimbursed for one ticket/rental fee* (must have Venmo or Paypal account to receive reimbursement)
*Only ONE watercraft fee will be reimbursed per excursion. We do not cover all members of your group.
Monterey Bay area
- Monterey Bay Kayaks* (Monterey or Elkhorn Slough locations)
- Adventures by the Sea (any location)
- Kayak Connection (Elkhorn Slough* or Santa Cruz locations)
- Elkhorn Slough Safari*
- Whisper Charters*
- Monterey Bay Ecotours*
- Monterey Bay Hydrobikes
- Venture Quest Kayaking
- Little Mermaid glass-bottomed boat
Morro Bay area
- Morro Bay Paddlesports*
- SubSea Tours
- Central Coast Outdoors* (Morro Bay kayak tour)
- Lost Isle Tours
- Captain Stew's Bay Cruise
- Bay Cruisers
- A Kayak Shack
- Rock Kayak
Avila Beach/Port San Luis
* Community Active Wildlife Stewards certified